Saturday, December 20, 2008

The year that was..

It's the time of the year when everyone is posting their 'best and worst' lists for 2008. I'm mildly addicted to this kind of thing, but rather than posting my own list (which I'll do later), for the time being I thought I might just grab some other lists, and link to them (for your convenience, dear reader). First off, if you're not reading the Big Picture blog, you're really missing out. Here's part 1, part 2, and part 3 of their amazing retrospective of the best photojournalism of 2008, which includes amazing shots like these:





On the music front, Pitchfork have released both their top 50 albums list, and their top 100 tracks list. Here's Rolling Stone's picks for top 100 singles, and what they thought the best 50 albums were.

Over at AdFreak, they've rounded up their best and worst advertisements of 2008.

Time Magazine named their Person of the Year. Drum roll please..



Creativity Online asked some high-profile designers what their highlights of 2008 were.

Here are the funniest and best media errors and corrections of the year. This one, from the UK's Press and Journal, is great:

We have been asked to point out that Stuart Kennedy, of Flat E, 38 Don Street, Aberdeen, who appeared at Peterhead Sheriff Court on Monday, had 316 pink, frilly garters confiscated not 316 pink, frilly knickers.

The New York Times has put together a list of the best ideas from 2008. I have to say, they got it right with this one. It was definitely one of my highlights:



And finally, The Smoking Gun collected the 20 best police mugshots of the year (possibly NSFW).

Enjoy the lists, and I'll be back a bit later to my own version of the year-end roundup.

No comments:

Post a Comment