Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Of meat and men

So I've got a few friends that are vegetarians. And the thing is, I used to be kinda anti-vegetarians. Like, I thought a lot of vegetarians were just posers, or people who liked to be overly picky about their food. My attitude was something along the lines of: "Hey, we're at the top of the food chain, the least you can do is eat a steak to keep us there.". As Troy McClure said "Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!" My fears were based on something similar to what is shown in this diagram:


But I guess I'm softening in my old age. I have something of a begrudging respect for vegetarians these days. I mean, I can understand if you don't like meat. If you don't like the flavour of something, by all means, don't eat it. And people do treat most animals pretty poorly, so I guess it's understandable for someone to be a vegetarian on compassionate grounds. Although I still think people who eat fish but not meat for this reason is slightly hypocritical.

I eat meat because it tastes good, but if I ever needed another reason, T-Rex has given me one:

city folk: sheep are awesome because when they say "baaa" it honestly sounds like someone doing a bad sheep impression. when you walk up on a herd of sheep you will think "wow, there are a lot of people making fun of sheep just over the next hill." it's insane!

Ryan North is a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment