Saturday, January 10, 2009

Abandonment issues

A friend told me the other day that in the time between the start of December and today, around 800 cars have been abandoned at the Dubai airport. Apparently some of the cars have been left with the keys in the ignition. The story goes that all these people who have lost their jobs in the recent financial crisis are skipping town and leaving their car behind. Pretty crazy stuff right? It's like the airport has become this free car supermarket or something..

Speaking of crazy stuff and cars, I was looking through the cars section over at Acquire, and picked out some of my favourites (click on the links for more photos and details).
First up is the face-punchingly stunning 2009 McLaren SLR Stirling Moss from Mercedes. This car boasts over 1000hp, and will set you back over US$1m:


Apparently they're only making 75 of the fully-fitted versions, so get in quick!

Next up is the 2010 Aston Martin Rapide. As everyone has come to expect from the guys at Aston Martin, the car is simply gorgeous. Nothing more really needs to be said:


This next car isn't in this post because it's beautiful, but because it's hideous. The people at Porsche have decided to make a sedan. I really fail to see how anyone would want a 4-door Porsche. It seems to me to run counter to everything the company stands for. I mean, what sort of person would spend however much money on this monstrosity? Ladies and gentlemen, the 2010 Porsche Panamera:


Finally, this car is probably my favourite of all the cars I looked at over at Acquire. It's the Lamborghini Reventon. Now usually I'm not much of a fan of Lamborghinis, but the styling of this car makes everything else irrelevant. Apparently the designers took inspiration from the structure of a stealth jet. Here she is:



To quote Stevie Wonder: isn't she lovely?

Oh and by the way, I've now registered my blog with Technorati, so if you're really bored you can check out my Technorati Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment